IT Geek . Cybersecurity Researcher . Autodidact . Mad Scientist
The following is an excerpt from Max Nomad’s Curriculum Vitae. For specifics or more info on his creative endeavors, click here send him a note.
SYSTEM AND NETWORK ADMINISTRATION
Microsoft Windows desktops and servers, Linux (mostly Debian [Ubuntu, Mint], QTS, some Fedora). Working system knowledge of Mac OS, FreeBSD, Android and iOS.
Experienced with a broad range of software, utilities and protocols, including the following:
- Architecture-Engineering-Construction Software Packages – Maintaining and configuring Autodesk AEC suites 2011 to 2022 (AutoCAD and Revit Architecture / MEP, Revit Server), Sketchup 2016 to 2019, Lighting Analyst / Elumtools, Lumion, TRANE, SpecsIntact, SKM PowerTools
- General Productivity – Every version of Microsoft Office up to Office 365 (Word, Excel, Project, etc.), LibreOffice, Sage Accounting 2016 to 2022 (configuring clients and servers), GnuCash, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere). Please inquire about specifics.
- Security and Penetration Testing – Parrot and Kali Linux distros (VM), including Metasploit, OpenVAS, OSSEC, SSH, SSL, IPtables, Wireshark, TCP Wrappers, Tripwire, network scanners (Nmap et al), vulnerability scanners, assorted password crackers (Ophcrack, Cain & Abel, et al), anti-malware, anti-virus, rootkit finders, endpoint protection (Symantec, Trend Micro Advanced) and etc.
- eForensics – SleuthKit, FTK (trial), SIFT, various data recovery and OSINT tools
- Public Cloud – Office 365, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Private Cloud – Owncloud, OpenStack hobbyist
- VoIP and videotelephony – net2Phone, Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams
- Virtualization – VirtualBox, VMWare, Hyper-V
- OS-level Virtualization – Docker
- WWW Stacks – Apache (LAMP and WAMP), IIS, Nginx
- Networking – TCP/IP, NFS, DHCP, NAT, Command Line tools (e.g. Telnet, FTP, DNS, ipconfig, ifconfig, route, netstat, xinetd, etc.)
- Firewalls and Routers – Barracuda Web Filter, Cisco Small Business, Netgear, IPCop, Trend Micro endpoint
- Mail – SMTP, POP, IMAP, Microsoft Exchange Server up to Exchange 365, sendmail, anti-spam measures (e.g. – Bogofilter, SpamAssassin, and third party anti-spam email filter services like Trend Micro and Appriver)
- Admin Tools (CLI, GUI and remote access) – Webmin, phpMyAdmin, linuxconf, vmstat, iostat, top, traceroute, ping, sar, ntop, cpanel, GpartED, Partition Magic, GRUB, RWW, Teamviewer, Cisco WebEx, Zoho Assist, VNC, RDP, L2TP VPN, OpenVPN.
- Backup and DRaaS – Infrascale cloud, QNAP Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR), tar, rsync, Clonedisk, Clonezilla, Ghost, Symantec Backup Exec
- Disassemblers – IDA Pro, Hiew
- Databases – MySQL / MariaDB, familiar with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, CSV
- Content Management Systems – WordPress (stand-alone, installed from scratch)
- NAS – QNAP Turbo NAS QTS 4.x.x
- Help Desk ticketing systems – Spiceworks
- Miscellaneous – CUPS, Konica, Samba, TWAIN, HP / Xerox universal plotter driver software
INFORMATION SECURITY COMPLIANCE FRAMEWORKS
- NIST 800-171a (800-12, 800-14, 800-26, 800-37, 800-82) and 800-53 rev4
- Excellent – CSS, HTML
- Fundamental knowledge – HTML5, Java, Perl (CGI), Powershell, Python, Visual Basic, XML
- Rudimentary – Haskell and Solidity (Blockchain smart contracts)
- American Council of Engineering Companies of Virginia, Affiliate Member
- Information Systems Security Association, Member
- Independent Book Publishers Association, Member
OTHER GEEKY STUFF
- Technical and Fundamental Analysis (Stock Investing / Trading and Crypto Assets), including thinkscript coding for TD Ameritrade platform
- Amateur Astronomy, member of Back Bay Amateur Astronomers
- Lifelong student of Pre-Colonial African History
- Micropublisher (print and EPUB)
- Languages: Brazilian Portuguese, some Spanish, some ASL
PUBLISHED BOOKS (CYBERSECURITY-RELATED)
- SURVIVING THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE: SAFER COMPUTING TIPS FOR SMALL BUSINESS MANAGERS AND EVERYDAY PEOPLE
Interdisciplinary BFA in Graphic Design with a dual-emphasis in Computer Science and a Minor in Writing, Norfolk State University. Coursework included: computers and programming languages, theatrical set design, 3D animation, business/technical writing, creative writing.
Online Studies through Coursera, Cybrary, Udemy in various CISSP / CHFI domains: CompTIA A+, Security+, computer forensics, basic Blockchain coding and etc.