IT Geek . Cybersecurity Researcher . Autodidact . Mad Scientist
The following is an excerpt from Max Nomad’s Curriculum Vitae. For specifics or more info on his creative endeavors, click here send him a note.
SYSTEM AND NETWORK ADMINISTRATION
Microsoft Windows desktops and servers, Linux (mostly Debian [Ubuntu, Mint], QTS, some Fedora and CentOS). Working system knowledge of Android, iOS, FreeBSD and Mac OS X.
Experienced with a broad range of software, utilities and protocols, including the following:
- Architecture-Engineering-Construction Software Packages – Maintaining and configuring Autodesk Building Design Suite Standard and Premium 2011 – 2017, AEC 2018 and 2019 (Autocad Architecture, MEP, Revit Architecture, Revit MEP, Revit Server), Sketchup 2016 – 2019, Lumion, TRANE, SKM PowerTools
- General Productivity – Microsoft Office 2010 – 2016, Office 365, Sage Accounting 2016 to 2020 (configuring clients and servers), Adobe Creative Cloud. Please inquire about specifics.
- WWW Servers – Apache (LAMP and WAMP), IIS, Nginx
- Networking – TCP/IP, NFS, DHCP, NAT, Command Line tools (e.g. Telnet, FTP, DNS, ipconfig, ifconfig, route, netstat, xinetd, etc)
- Firewalls and Routers – Barracuda Web Filter, Cisco Small Business, Netgear, IPCop, Trend Micro endpoint
- Mail – SMTP, POP, IMAP, Microsoft Exchange Server (2003, 2010, 2011, 2013), Office 365, sendmail, anti-spam measures (e.g. – Bogofilter, SpamAssassin, and third party anti-spam email filter services like Trend Micro and Appriver)
- Admin Tools (CLI, GUI and remote access) – Webmin, phpMyAdmin, linuxconf, vmstat, iostat, top, traceroute, ping, sar, ntop, cpanel, GpartED, Partition Magic, GRUB, RWW, Teamviewer, Cisco WebEx, Zoho Assist, VNC, RDP, L2TP VPN, OpenVPN.
- Integrated Server Suites – Microsoft Windows Small Business Server (2003, 2011), Windows Server (2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019)
- Public Cloud – Office 365, Amazon Web Services
- Private Cloud – Owncloud, OpenStack hobbyist
- Backup and DRaaS – tar, rsync, Clonedisk, Clonezilla, Ghost, Symantec Backup Exec (2010, 2012), Infrascale
- Security – Metasploit, OpenVAS, OSSEC, SSH, SSL, IPtables, Wireshark, TCP Wrappers, Tripwire, port scanners (Nmap et al), vulnerability scanners (Kali Linux), assorted password crackers (Ophcrack, Cain & Abel, et al), anti-malware, anti-virus, rootkit finders, endpoint protection (Symantec, Trend Micro Advanced) and etc.
- Penetration Testing Distros – Kali Linux
- eForensics – SleuthKit, FTK (trial), SIFT
- Disassemblers – IDA Pro, Hiew
- Databases – MySQL / MariaDB, familiar with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, CSV
- Content Management Systems – Joomla, Drupal and WordPress
- Virtualization – VirtualBox, VMWare, Hyper-V
- NAS – QNAP Turbo NAS QTS 4.3.x
- Help Desk ticketing systems – Spiceworks
- Miscellaneous – CUPS, Konica, Samba, TWAIN, HP / Xerox universal plotter driver software
INFORMATION SECURITY COMPLIANCE FRAMEWORKS
- NIST 800-171a (800-12, 800-14, 800-26, 800-37, 800-82) and 800-53 rev4
- Excellent – CSS, HTML
- Fundamental knowledge – HTML5, Java, Perl (CGI), Powershell, Python, Visual Basic, XML
- American Council of Engineering Companies of Virginia, Affiliate Member
- Information Systems Security Association, Member
- Independent Book Publishers Association, Member
OTHER GEEKY STUFF
- Amateur Astronomy, member of Back Bay Amateur Astronomers
- Technical and Fundamental Analysis (Stock Investing / Trading and Crypto Assets)
- Languages: Brazilian Portuguese, some Spanish, some ASL
PUBLISHED BOOKS (CYBERSECURITY-RELATED)
- SURVIVING THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE: SAFER COMPUTING TIPS FOR SMALL BUSINESS MANAGERS AND EVERYDAY PEOPLE
Interdisciplinary BFA in Graphic Design with a dual-emphasis in Computer Science and a Minor in Writing, Norfolk State University. Coursework included: computers and programming languages, theatrical set design, 3D animation, business/technical writing, creative writing.
Online Studies through Coursera, Cybrary, Udermy in CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ and various CISSP / CASP+ domains.